Pages

Sunday 9 April 2017

Early Warblers at CWP

I had one day free in Gloucestershire and wanted to photograph a variety of birds.  A quick internet search turned up The Cotswold Birdwatching Company and Darren responded very quickly that evening offering to meet me off the train at Kemble on Sunday.  Tickets were booked and come Sunday morning I was rattling through the countryside from Cheltenham looking out on spring meadows.  Darren's bird and general wildlife knowledge was very extensive due to his many years in the region and experience in all seasons.  We had beautiful clear skies, bright sunshine and an abundance of small species, Chiffchaff, Blackcap, Willow Warbler, Reed Bunting, Blue and Great Tits, Chaffinch, Little Egret, various duck and a fleeting glimpse of a Cetti's Warbler.  

We visited a number of lakes, walked about 10kms and I got a great feel for the region.  Darren dropped me back at the station where I adjourned to the nearby pub for a pint while awaiting the train.

Thanks again to Darren and The Cotswold Birdwatching Company for a great day and photography opportunity.

Mark Davidson, Western Australia.

No comments:

Post a Comment