Pages

Friday 14 August 2015

My favourite time of the year...

I'm a big fan of the Autumn, I love the fast changing colours in the woodlands, the fresher nights and the birds on the move.

In an around the Cotswolds we have birds from here heading to their wintering grounds, birds passing through, using the area as a service station and birds coming here for the winter.

Virtually all the swifts have gone from where I live on the edge of the Marlborough Downs, I saw a single bird hunting over the houses last night.

There are birds starting to pass through as well, I've recently seen a few redstart catching flies from fencelines and soon we will have meadow pipits passing over.

I am planning to start checking for migrating birds more regularly from tomorrow, by heading to the hills and seeing what is flying over.

It is very addictive! If you fancy coming along, let us know! (NA)

fieldfares
woodpigeons

No comments:

Post a Comment